Certified in Commercial Underwriting & Processing (NAMU®-CCUP)
- Item #: MU-CERT-NAMU-CCUP
Need Help? Call us today toll-free at 1-800-665-0249.
The Certified in Commercial Underwriting & Processing (NAMU®-CCUP) training is designed to teach you the details that are required to successfully process commercial mortgage loans. Mortgage University® has teamed up with the National Association of Mortgage Underwriters® (NAMU®) to provide a comprehensive training & certification program entitled: Certified in Commercial Underwriting & Processing (NAMU®-CCUP), which combines a total of 12 hours of live instructor-led online training with a 60-question exam & background check.
Enroll today, and we'll teach you everything from A to Z in order to develop the necessary skills to start processing and underwriting commercial loans today!
- The Importance of Commercial Processors & Underwriters
- How Commercial Funding is Different than Residential
- The Commercial Mortgage Process - Shopping to Closing
- Commercial Rates, Indexes, Fees, Loan Penalties/Restrictions
- Commercial Mortgage Disclosures
- Commercial Mortgage Security Instruments
- Credit & Credit Reports
- Mortgage Math - Dealing with ratios, common fractions, decimal fractions and percents; Mortgage Math with positive & negative numbers
- Learn the acronyms: LTV, DTI, DSCR, CMBS, PPM, Reg D, REMIC, TD, CTV, NWTV
- Commercial Mortgage Ratios & Percents
- Analyzing the Borrower; Combating Loan Fraud
- Commercial Mortgage Qualifying
- Analyzing the Property/Project
- Funding Rehabs & Flips
- Assignments, Proof of Funds & Transactional Lending
- Hard Money Commercial Loans
- Funding Multifamily, Office & Retail Properties
- Mixed Use Properties
- Assembling the submission package
- Commercial Appraisals and Third-Party Reports
- Processing for approval - Working with borrowers, originators, brokers
- Closing the loan
- Commercial Processing/Underwriting Principals Review
- Funding Large Commercial Construction
- DoA Business and Industry Loans
- FHA 223(f) Apartment Loans
- Financing Hotels
- Financing Fractured Condos, Land and Development
- SBA Loans
- Mezzanine Loans
- Environmental Liability and Studies
- Business Plans in Commercial Financing
- Understanding Pro Forma's and Financials
- Alternatives for Increasing Total LTV
- Commercial Leases
- Capitalization Rates, ROI/CashOnCash Detailed
- Money From Wall Street - CMBS & Conduit Loans
- Funding Retail and Industrial Properties
- Funding Multifamily, Office and Retail Properties
- Commercial Construction Loans
- Equity and Profit Sharing in Commercial Funding
- Securities Registration Exemptions for Qualified Investors
- Private Placements and Private Placement Memoranda
- Credit Report Issues and Credit Remediation
- Packaging Commercial Loans for third-party underwriting
- Post-closing processing, servicing, management issues under defaults
- OPEN FORUM Q&A - Ask the Expert
- Live, Instructor-Led Online Webinar
- Fully Interactive -- Ability to Ask Questions to Instructor
- FREE Unlimited Training for 1 Year
- 12 Hours Total of Training (Two 6-hour Courses)
- All Course Material Included
- 60-Question Exam
- NAMU®-CCUP Certification Certificate, Background Check & Scored Exam will be E-mailed as a PDF File
- Recorded Self-Study Included at NO Extra Charge, Watch 24/7
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Any mortgage professional looking to learn how to process and underwrite challenging commercial mortgage loans.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. You need a Computer, Internet Connection (DSL speed or higher), and Computer Speakers.
2. Each day of class you will be emailed an invite with your log-in/password. From here, you can click the link, enter your password, and download/print that day's course materials. Finally, you'll be able to log into the class up to 1/2 hour before the class start time.
3. Once the class starts, you will hear the instructor speak through your computer speakers. You will also have the ability to ask questions through the online chat feature located on the right-hand side of our online training platform. We encourage you to ask LOTS OF QUESTIONS!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Mr. Olen Soifer is our lead instructor for commercial processing & underwriting. He has over 33 years of experience as a real estate broker, mortgage originator, branch manager, broker, lender & compliance officer. During class Olen works with you directly to review and respond to all your questions.
You will need the following: 1) a Computer, 2) Internet (DSL or higher) and 3) Computer Speakers. Please check beforehand to make sure these items are working properly. Note: dial-up internet connection will not work and wireless internet must have a full signal.
Upon successful course completion and processing of the background check, you will be mailed your NAMU®-CCUP certificate within 5-7 business days.
"Your certification in Commercial Underwriting & Processing has given me the necessary knowledge and confidence I needed to process and underwrite commercial loans - Valerie De Santo, Loan Processor, Phoenix, AZ
Our students come from such mortgage lending institutions as Bank of America, SunTrust, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Fifth Third Bank, Eagle Nationwide Mortgage, Credit Unions and many more!
Each LIVE class has NO more than 30 students. With this in mind, live classes typically fill up 1-3 weeks ahead of time. NOTE: It is highly recommended you reserve your spot early for the live session, and in the meantime, we can provide you with the Recorded Self-Study (at no extra cost), so you can begin your training immediately.
We put together the NAMU®-CCUP program for educational purposes only, and make no claim you will find a job as a commercial mortgage professional. Furthermore, we are not owned, operated or affiliated with any State/Federal Government Agency. The NAMU®-CCUP program is strictly a proprietary "professional development" training & certification program which NAMU® put together independent of any Government agency.
Need Help? Call us today toll-free at 1-800-665-0249.